ROTTERDAM, the Netherlands, August 7, 2019 – LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) today announced that Sonatrach Total Entreprise Polymères Spa (STEP), a joint venture between Sonatrach and TOTAL S.A, has selected LyondellBasell’s Spheripol technology for a 550 KTA polypropylene unit to be constructed in Arzew, Oran province, Algeria.
“We are pleased to be the technology provider of choice for the newly developed polyolefins business of STEP,” said Jim Seward, vice president of technology business and sustainability at LyondellBasell. Seward added: “The selection of Spheripol technology allows customers to enhance and significantly diversify their polypropylene product portfolio with outstanding monomer efficiency.”
Spheripol is the leading PP process technology with more than 25 million tons of licensed capacity. The latest fifth generation Spheripol technology includes process improvements that further maximize operational efficiency. The plant will commence operations using Avant ZN catalyst.
New licensees can take advantage of LyondellBasell’s in-house expertise of continuous production improvement, sustainable product development and catalyst knowhow, by optionally joining our Technical Service program.
LyondellBasell is a leading licensor of polypropylene and polyethylene technologies with more than 280 polyolefin process licenses. In addition to the Spheripol process technology, LyondellBasell’s portfolio of licensed polyolefin processes and catalysts includes:
- Spherizone – The breakthrough multi-zone circulating reactor provides a unique and innovative platform to manufacture polypropylene products with novel architecture and enhanced properties
- Hostalen – Leading low-pressure slurry process for the production of high-performance multimodal HDPE
- Lupotech – The market leader on high pressure technology offers, with its high conversion rates and effective heat recovery system, the lowest operating and investment costs for the production of low density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymers
- Spherilene – Flexible gas phase process technology for the production of LLDPE, MDPE and HDPE
- Metocene PP – Innovative add-on technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems
- Avant – Advanced Ziegler-Natta, including non-phthalate, chromium and metallocene catalysts for entire range of polyolefin production.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges?like?enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polymer compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies.?In 2019, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune magazine’s list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”?More information about LyondellBasell can be found at?www.LyondellBasell.com. SOURCE: LyondellBasell