Combination creates a premier global provider of Advanced Polymer Solutions
“So this combination with LyondellBasell and A. Schulman is all about bringing the best of both. Combined, we’ll have a much broader market reach, one that’s able to bring better solutions faster. We’ll really be the only compounding company of this scale that has polyolefin technology, polyolefin production, compounding production and the innovation capability to meet the needs of our customers, and I think we’re in a unique position now to accelerate into our future.”
- Doubles the size of LyondellBasell’s existing compounding business and establishes a platform for future growth with reach into additional high-growth markets
- Complementary strengths and capabilities will provide customers with a full range of innovative products and end-to-end solutions
- Creates an industry-leading compounding business with combined revenue of $4.6 billion and adjusted EBITDA of $446 million over the last 12 months
- LyondellBasell Announces Entry Into Definitive Agreement to Acquire A. Schulman
- LyondellBasell Receives U.S. Antitrust Clearance for Acquisition of A. Schulman
- LyondellBasell Receives Chinese Antitrust Clearance for Acquisition of A. Schulman
- LyondellBasell Receives EU Antitrust Clearance for Acquisition of A. Schulman
- LyondellBasell names James Guilfoyle Executive Vice President, Advanced Polymer Solutions and Global Supply Chain
- LyondellBasell Completes Acquisition of A. Schulman, Inc.
-  Represents LyondellBasell’s Polypropylene Compounding (PPC) business revenues of $2.1 billion for the twelve-month period ended December 31, 2017, plus A. Schulman revenues of $2.5 billion for the twelve-month period ended November 30, 2017. A. Shulman revenue information obtained from publicly available quarterly release data.
-  Represents LyondellBasell’s Polypropylene Compounding (PPC) business adjusted EBITDA of $241 million for the twelve-month period ended December 31, 2017, plus A. Schulman adjusted EBITDA of $205 million for the twelve-month period ended November 30, 2017. A. Shulman adjusted EBITDA information obtained from publicly available quarterly release data.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements
The statements in this communication relating to matters that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based upon assumptions of management which are believed to be reasonable at the time made and are subject to significant risks and uncertainties. Actual results could differ materially based on factors including, but not limited to, the business cyclicality of the chemical, polymers and refining industries; the availability, cost and price volatility of raw materials and utilities, particularly the cost of oil, natural gas, and associated natural gas liquids; competitive product and pricing pressures; labor conditions; our ability to attract and retain key personnel; operating interruptions (including leaks, explosions, fires, weather-related incidents, mechanical failure, unscheduled downtime, supplier disruptions, labor shortages, strikes, work stoppages or other labor difficulties, transportation interruptions, spills and releases and other environmental risks); the supply/demand balances for our and our joint ventures’ products, and the related effects of industry production capacities and operating rates; our ability to achieve expected cost savings and other synergies; our ability to successfully execute projects and growth strategies; legal and environmental proceedings; tax rulings, consequences or proceedings; technological developments, and our ability to develop new products and process technologies; potential governmental regulatory actions; political unrest and terrorist acts; risks and uncertainties posed by international operations, including foreign currency fluctuations; and our ability to comply with debt covenants and service our debt. Additional factors that could cause results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements can be found in the “Risk Factors” section of our Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2017, which can be found at www.tiwq8.com on the Investor Relations page and on the Securities and Exchange Commission’s website at www.sec.gov.